Current as of March 2021
The Bennington Public Library is now open to the public during its regular hours, but with restrictions.
We welcome back all of our patrons and thank you for your support and understanding during this time.
We are taking precautions and following a phased approach to reopening to the public to keep everyone as healthy and safe as we possibly can.
Please follow the rules and guidelines when visiting the library. We are striving to keep everyone as safe as possible when they visit the library, and we need your help and cooperation to do so. The rules and guidelines will be in place until further notice and subject to change.
- Please limit your library visits to 30 minutes or less. A limited number of patrons will be allowed inside the library at one time. You may be asked to wait until someone else leaves.
- Please wear a mask that covers your nose and mouth while in the building.
- Please sanitize your hands at the hand sanitizing station upon entering the library. Additional hand sanitizer and wipes will be available throughout the library.
- Please follow social distancing guidelines by staying six feet apart from other individuals. We ask that family groups stay together and maintain social distancing (6 feet) from other patrons not in their group.
- Please return materials to the outdoor book return only. Items, upon being returned, are quarantined up to 5 days before being checked in and returned to the shelf.
- Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by a parent or other adult guardian.
- The library is open for checkout and essential computer services. Functions of the “Library as a Community Gathering Space” are limited. Lingering and socializing inside the library is discouraged. One study room is available on a first-come first-serve basis, with a limit of 2 people.
- Computers will be limited to adult use only with time limited to 30 minutes.
- In person programs are not being offered during this phase of reopening, with some exceptions (i.e. Adult Book Clubs and Storytime in the Park).
- Please stay home if you have been exposed to COVID-19 or are exhibiting signs of illness.
- We will continue to offer Curbside Pickup for those who may not feel comfortable entering our building. Our digital services through Nebraska OverDrive are also available.
- Conference Center Rental applications are now being accepted. Applicants must agree to adhere to the most current Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services Directed Health Measure for their gathering.
- Please call the library at 402-238-2201 if you have any questions.
CURBSIDE PICKUP SERVICE IS STILL AVAILABLE
Here’s how it works:
We are committed to providing safe access to physical library materials through a curbside pickup service.
Curbside pickup step-by-step:
- Place items on hold.
- Use our online catalog to search for items.
- Login using your library card number as your username. Your password is your last name (all lowercase).
- Place items on hold.
- Wait for notification, then call us to schedule your pick up.
- You will receive an email when your hold is available for pickup.
- After you receive notification, call the library to arrange an estimated time of arrival so staff can have your items ready.
- When you have arrived, call the library at 402-238-2201.
- Staff will then bring your items outside and place them on our designated curbside pickup chair.
- Grab your bag and enjoy!
Please return your library materials in the outside book return.