The Bennington Public Library is open to the public during its regular hours again, but with restrictions.
We welcome back all of our patrons and thank you for your support and understanding during this time.
We are taking precautions and following a phased approach to reopening to the public to keep everyone as healthy and safe as we possibly can.
Please follow the rules and guidelines when visiting the library. We are striving to keep everyone as safe as possible when they visit the library, and we need your help and cooperation to do so. The rules and guidelines will be in place until further notice and subject to change.
- The first hour of operation each day we are open will be reserved for patrons with health concerns and the elderly.
- Please limit your library visits to 30 minutes or less. A limited number of patrons will be allowed inside the library at one time. You may be asked to wait until someone else leaves.
- Please wear a mask that covers your nose and mouth while in the building.
- Please sanitize your hands at the hand sanitizing station upon entering the library. Additional hand sanitizer and wipes will be available throughout the library.
- Please follow social distancing guidelines by staying six feet apart from other individuals. We ask that family groups stay together and maintain social distancing (6 feet) from other patrons not in their group.
- Please return materials to the outdoor book return only. Items, upon being returned, are quarantined up to 5 days before being checked in and returned to the shelf.
- Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a parent or other adult guardian.
- The library will be open for checkout and essential computer services only. Functions of the “Library as a Community Gathering Space” will NOT be available–study rooms, study tables/chairs, group gatherings, etc. Lingering and socializing inside the library will be discouraged.
- In person programs will not be offered during this phase of reopening.
- Computers will be limited to adult use only with time limited to 30 minutes.
- Please stay home if you have been exposed to COVID-19 or are exhibiting signs of illness.
- We will continue to offer Curbside Pickup for those who may not feel comfortable entering our building. Our digital services through Nebraska OverDrive and RbDigital are also available.
- Conference Center Rental applications are now being accepted. Applicants must agree to adhere to the most current Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services Directed Health Measure for their gathering.
- Please call the library at 402-238-2201 if you have any questions.