The Bennington Public Library is pleased to offer wireless Internet.
- You’ll need a laptop or other portable device with a built-in WiFi or installed adapter card; otherwise we offer desktop and laptop computers for in-library use. Please ask a library staff member for the guest wi-fi password.
- Please ask a staff member for assistance.
- Die cut shapes available include:
- “My Grandpa” /”My Grandma”, Wise Man, Pirate
- Shark, Koala Bear, Turkey, Penguin, Baby Chick, Frog (Small/Large), Lion (Large), Insects, Lady Bug, Butterfly, Teddy Bear
- Tree, Flower, Maple Leaf, Star, Apples, Pumpkin
- Christmas Tree, Gingerbread Man, Snowman, Mitten, Pumpkin
- Popsicle, Hand Mirror, Flag, Tea Pot and Cups, Sailboat, Flip Flops, School House, “Read” Bookmark, Gift Tag, Magnifying Glass, Kite, 1.5″ Dot Letters A-Z, 1.5″ Dot Combo, Volkswagen Beetle Car (Large), Puzzle (Large), Bag (Large), Rectangle (Large), Oval Picture Frame (Large), Magic Book (Large)
Printing and Faxing
We offer printing and faxing services for a small fee:
- Black and white printing – $0.10 per page.
- Color printing – $0.50 per page.
- Faxing – $1.00 flat fee per fax.
- The Bennington Public Library loans cake pans for home use. For a list of cake pans type in “cake pan” in the search bar of our catalog or click here
- If you make a cake using one of the library’s cake pans, we would love to share a picture of your masterpiece on our website and Facebook page.
- Please send your digital photo to firstname.lastname@example.org so that it can be part of an online scrapbook.
Book Tote Bags
- Bennington Public Library has a long-time tradition of giving homemade book bags to children when they first sign up for a library card!
- These bags have been handmade and provided by various volunteers in the Bennington community.
- For those who would like to help ensure this tradition continues, we have provided the directions and pattern in the link above for you to download.
- Donations of fabric are also appreciated. Thank you!
- Free online access to thousands of current full-text magazine, journal, and newspaper articles; up-to-date business information; biographical information.
Omaha Public Library Online Resources
Omaha Public Library makes its paid subscription premium websites available to us. You must be inside the library to access these sites.
Ancestry Library Edition. “Answers await everyone—whether professional or hobbyist, expert or novice, genealogist or historian—inside the more than 7,000 available databases. Here, you can unlock the story of you with sources like censuses, vital records, immigration records, family histories, military records, court and legal documents, directories, photos, maps, and more.”
Chilton Library. “Find step-by-step auto repair instructions, maintenance schedules, recalls, diagrams and more. Search by specific year, make and model.”
Consumer Reports. “In addition to product ratings and reviews, users will find in-depth advice, tips and trends written by Consumer Reports experts. Frequently updated articles, blogs and video content allow consumers to peruse the latest consumer news.”
Digital Sanborn Maps. “Detailed property and land-use records that depict the grid of everyday life in more than 12,000 U.S. towns and cities across a century of change.”
Learning Express Library . “LearningExpress Library helps libraries improve the lives of their patrons every day through a highly-acclaimed eLearning solution that provides support to students and professionals for academic skill-building, standardized test prep, career certification test prep and more.”
Mango Languages. “Mango prepares learners for realistic conversations and strengthens everyday communication skills in over 70 world languages, including English.”
Value Line. “Information and advice on stocks, industries, mutual funds, options, and convertibles.”
Friends of the Bennington Area Libraries
The Friends of the Bennington Area Libraries is a non-profit organization promoting the interest and welfare of Bennington Area Libraries. For more information, visit: http://www.benningtonfol.org/