The Bennington Public Library is pleased to offer wireless Internet.
- You’ll need a laptop or other portable device with a built-in WiFi or installed adapter card; otherwise we offer desktop and laptop computers for in-library use. Please ask a library staff member for the guest wi-fi password.
Printing and Faxing
- We offer printing and faxing services for a small fee:
- Black and white printing – $0.10 per page.
- Color printing – $0.50 per page.
- Faxing – $1.00 flat fee per fax.
eBooks – eAudiobooks – eMagazines
- The Bennington Public Library is part of the Nebraska Overdrive Libraries consortium and is pleased to offer downloadable audiobooks and e-Books.
- Download the Libby or Overdrive app available for free in your app store.
- Choose Bennington Public Library from the pull-down menu.
- Login with your library card number.
- The pin assigned to Bennington Public Library users is: webster.
Bennington Public Library is a member of the Central Nebraska Digital Co-op. Checkout rbdigital audiobooks, eBooks, and digital magazines by registering your library card through the Central Nebraska Digital Co-op RBdigital website, then download the RBdigital app available for free in your app store.
- Free online access to thousands of current full-text magazine, journal, and newspaper articles; up-to-date business information; biographical information.
Omaha Public Library Online Resources
Omaha Public Library makes its premium websites available to us. You must be in the library to access these sites.
Ancestry Library Edition. “Answers await everyone—whether professional or hobbyist, expert or novice, genealogist or historian—inside the more than 7,000 available databases. Here, you can unlock the story of you with sources like censuses, vital records, immigration records, family histories, military records, court and legal documents, directories, photos, maps, and more.”
Chilton Library. “Find step-by-step auto repair instructions, maintenance schedules, recalls, diagrams and more. Search by specific year, make and model.”
Consumer Reports. “In addition to product ratings and reviews, users will find in-depth advice, tips and trends written by Consumer Reports experts. Frequently updated articles, blogs and video content allow consumers to peruse the latest consumer news.”
Digital Sanborn Maps. “Detailed property and land-use records that depict the grid of everyday life in more than 12,000 U.S. towns and cities across a century of change.”
Learning Express Library. “LearningExpress Library helps libraries improve the lives of their patrons every day through a highly-acclaimed eLearning solution that provides support to students and professionals for academic skill-building, standardized test prep, career certification test prep and more.”
Mango Languages. “Mango prepares learners for realistic conversations and strengthens everyday communication skills in over 70 world languages, including English.”
Value Line. “Information and advice on stocks, industries, mutual funds, options, and convertibles.”
- Please ask a staff member for assistance.
- Die cut shapes available include:
- “My Grandpa” /”My Grandma”, Wise Man, Pirate
- Shark, Koala Bear, Turkey, Penguin, Baby Chick, Frog (Small/Large), Lion (Large), Insects, Lady Bug, Butterfly, Teddy Bear
- Tree, Flower, Maple Leaf, Star, Apples, Pumpkin
- Christmas Tree, Gingerbread Man, Snowman, Mitten, Pumpkin
- Popsicle, Hand Mirror, Flag, Tea Pot and Cups, Sailboat, Flip Flops, School House, “Read” Bookmark, Gift Tag, Magnifying Glass, Kite, 1.5″ Dot Letters A-Z, 1.5″ Dot Combo, Volkswagen Beetle Car (Large), Puzzle (Large), Bag (Large), Rectangle (Large), Oval Picture Frame (Large), Magic Book (Large)
BOOK TOTE BAGS
- Bennington Public Library has a long-time tradition of giving homemade book bags to children when they first sign up for a library card.
- These bags have been provided by various volunteers in the Bennington community.
- For those who would like to help ensure this tradition continues, we have provided the direction and pattern in the link above for you to download.
- Donations of fabric are also appreciated. Thank you!
- The Bennington Public Library loans cake pans for home use. For a list of cake pans type in “cake pan” in the search bar of our catalog or click here.
- If you make a cake using one of the library’s cake pans, we would love to share a picture of your masterpiece on our website and Facebook page.
- Please send your digital photo to email@example.com so that it can be part of an online scrapbook.
Friends of the Bennington Area Libraries
- The Friends of the Bennington Area Libraries is a non-profit organization promoting the interest and welfare of the Bennington area libraries.
- For more information visit : http://benningtonfol.org
Community Conference Center
- The Community Conference Center rooms are available for public use when the space is not being used for Library programs.
- Community Conference Center Policies
- Community Room Use/Rental Online Application
- Two study rooms are available for patron use during library hours on a first come first served basis.
- These include access to a wall-mounted TV for presentations and plenty of desk space.