*CLICK ON THE LINKS/IMAGES BELOW TO ACCESS RESOURCE
Omaha Public Library Online Resources:
Omaha Public Library makes its premium websites available to us. You must be in the library to access these sites.
Ancestry Library Edition. “Answers await everyone—whether professional or hobbyist, expert or novice, genealogist or historian—inside the more than 7,000 available databases. Here, you can unlock the story of you with sources like censuses, vital records, immigration records, family histories, military records, court and legal documents, directories, photos, maps, and more.”
Chilton Library. “Find step-by-step auto repair instructions, maintenance schedules, recalls, diagrams and more. Search by specific year, make and model.”
Consumer Reports. “In addition to product ratings and reviews, users will find in-depth advice, tips and trends written by Consumer Reports experts. Frequently updated articles, blogs and video content allow consumers to peruse the latest consumer news.”
Digital Sanborn Maps. “Detailed property and land-use records that depict the grid of everyday life in more than 12,000 U.S. towns and cities across a century of change.”
Learning Express Library. “LearningExpress Library helps libraries improve the lives of their patrons every day through a highly-acclaimed eLearning solution that provides support to students and professionals for academic skill-building, standardized test prep, career certification test prep and more.”
Mango Languages. “Mango prepares learners for realistic conversations and strengthens everyday communication skills in over 70 world languages, including English.”
Value Line. “Information and advice on stocks, industries, mutual funds, options, and convertibles.”
Jobs For Teens
- Jobs for Teens is a resource to help all teenagers find a job.
- Whether it is your first time in the workforce or you are looking for a secondary position, Jobs for Teens has the tools to help you find it.
Glassdoor Resource for Library Users
- Glassdoor is a great source to identify job descriptions, salaries, reviews from past and present employees, and anything else that you may deem necessary in your next job search.
Great Websites for Kids
Friends of the Bennington Area Libraries
- The Friends of the Bennington Area Libraries is a non-profit organization promoting the interest and welfare of the Bennington area libraries.
- For more information visit : http://benningtonfol.org
- Free online access to thousands of current full-text magazine, journal, and newspaper articles; up-to-date business information; biographical information.
- The official website for the City of Bennington.
- News, resources and contact information for city services and organizations in the community.
- Formed in 2005, a non-profit organization that represents the interest of the community and the donor, promoting community improvement projects.
- The official website for the school district of Bennington, NE.
- In addition to news and contact information, the Bennington Public Schools website offers many online resources to parents and students, from academics to emotional well-being.
The Bennington Historical Society is a private non-profit organization founded in 2011. The purposes of the Society are: (1) to provide a forum for people interested in Bennington’s history to gather and exchange information; (2) to collect and preserve artifacts, objects, publications, photographs and other documentary materials related to local and family history; (3) to disseminate information about the history of the community through exhibits, educational programs and publications based on the Society’s collections; (4) to maintain a research library of past and current literature on the history of the community; and (5) to encourage the preservation of the archaeological, historical, and architectural heritage of Bennington and the surrounding community.