Mondays & Thursdays at 10:30 AM
- Introduce young children to books and reading at our morning story time, held twice weekly throughout the year.
- Each week, stories, songs, and movement activities are adapted to match the ages and attention spans of the children attending.
- Parents learn how to foster early literacy skills to prepare their children for learning to read.
- Library staff will answer questions about books and library services, and teach parents how to interest their children in books.
- An adult must remain with their children.
- Seating is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
TUESDAY EVENING BOOK CLUB
Every Third Tuesday of the month at 6:30 PM
- The Evening Book Club meets at various restaurants in Bennington.
- Dates & times are subject to change and/or the wishes of the participants.
- Please call the library or check below to confirm the date, location, & time.
October 16, 2018
Back When we Were Grownups
By Anne Tyler
November 20, 2018
By Ray Bradbury
@ The Warehouse
December 18, 2018
Growing up Laughing
By Marlo Thomas
@ Sue Wiley’s House (102 Molley Street)
January 15, 2018
By Paulette Giles
WEDNESDAY MORNING BOOK CLUB
Every First Wednesday of the month at 10:00 AM in the Bennington Library Community Meeting Room
October 3, 2018
The Thirteenth Tale
By Diane Setterfield
November 7, 2018
A Tree Grows in Brooklyn
By Betty Smith
December 5, 2018
The Zookeeper’s Wife
By Betty Smith
RIDGEWOOD BOOK CLUB
Every Third Friday at 3:00 PM at the Ridgewood Retirement Community 12301 149th Circle, Bennington, NE
FREE WI-FI (WIRELESS INTERNET) SERVICE
- You’ll need a laptop or other portable device with a built-in WiFi or installed adapter card; otherwise we offer desktop and laptop computers for in-library use.
- WiFi is offered to anybody inside of the building, but will require a password to access unless using the library’s public desktop computers.
- The Bennington Public Library is pleased to offer wireless Internet access thanks to support in part by the Library Services and Technology Act, administered by the federal Institute of Museum and Library Services and granted by the Nebraska Library Commission and a donation from the Friends of the Library.
- Our new library space allows us to have two study rooms for our patrons to use.
- These quiet rooms include access to a wall-mounted TV for presentations and plenty of desk space.
- Please inform the library ahead of time if you would like to reserve one of these rooms, as they do go fast!
- Please ask a staff member for assistance.
- Die cut shapes available include:
- “My Grandpa” /“My Grandma”, Wise Man, Pirate
- Shark, Koala Bear, Turkey, Penguin, Baby Chick, Frog (Small/Large), Lion (Large), Insects, Lady Bug, Butterfly, Teddy Bear
- Tree, Flower, Maple Leaf, Star, Apples, Pumpkin
- Christmas Tree, Gingerbread Man, Snowman, Mitten, Pumpkin
- Popsicle, Hand Mirror, Flag, Tea Pot and Cups, Sailboat, Flip Flops, School House, “Read” Bookmark, Gift Tag, Magnifying Glass, Kite, 1.5″ Dot Letters A-Z, 1.5″ Dot Combo, Volkswagen Beetle Car (Large), Puzzle (Large), Bag (Large), Rectangle (Large), Oval Picture Frame (Large), Magic Book (Large)
BOOK TOTE BAGS
- Bennington Public Library has a long-time tradition of giving homemade book bags to children when they first sign up for a library card.
- These bags have been provided by various volunteers in the Bennington community.
- For those who would like to help ensure this tradition continues, we have provided the direction and pattern in the link above for you to download.
- Donations of fabric are also appreciated. Thank you!
The Bennington Public Library loans cake pans for home use. For a list of cake pans type in “cake pan” in the search bar of our catalog or click here.
If you make a cake using one of the library’s cake pans, we would love to share a picture of your masterpiece on our website and Facebook page. Please send your digital photo to email@example.com so that it can be part of an online scrapbook. This lets other library patrons see different decorating ideas.