The Bennington Public Library is pleased to offer wireless Internet.
- You’ll need a laptop or other portable device with a built-in WiFi or installed adapter card; otherwise we offer desktop and laptop computers for in-library use. Please ask a library staff member for the guest wi-fi password.
- Please ask a staff member for assistance.
- Die cut shapes available include:
- “My Grandpa” /”My Grandma”, Wise Man, Pirate
- Shark, Koala Bear, Turkey, Penguin, Baby Chick, Frog (Small/Large), Lion (Large), Insects, Lady Bug, Butterfly, Teddy Bear
- Tree, Flower, Maple Leaf, Star, Apples, Pumpkin
- Christmas Tree, Gingerbread Man, Snowman, Mitten, Pumpkin
- Popsicle, Hand Mirror, Flag, Tea Pot and Cups, Sailboat, Flip Flops, School House, “Read” Bookmark, Gift Tag, Magnifying Glass, Kite, 1.5″ Dot Letters A-Z, 1.5″ Dot Combo, Volkswagen Beetle Car (Large), Puzzle (Large), Bag (Large), Rectangle (Large), Oval Picture Frame (Large), Magic Book (Large)
Printing and Faxing
We offer printing and faxing services for a small fee:
- Black and white printing – $0.10 per page.
- Color printing – $0.50 per page.
- Faxing – $1.00 flat fee per fax.
- The Bennington Public Library loans cake pans for home use. For a list of cake pans type in “cake pan” in the search bar of our catalog.
- If you make a cake using one of the library’s cake pans, we would love to share a picture of your masterpiece on our website and Facebook page.
- Please send your digital photo to firstname.lastname@example.org so that it can be part of an online scrapbook.
Omaha World Herald – Digital Access
Bennington Public Library is pleased to offer access to the daily digital edition of the Omaha World Herald. Explore Omaha history through local news, events, and people with the Omaha World Herald Collection. Search current and historic issues with full-color newspaper pages, full-text articles and content only published online. All you need is your library card number to access this incredible resource!
Tips for Access:
*Click the blue Omaha World Herald photo listed above to access the digital edition. You will be prompted to enter your library card number.
*There will be a few different links that appear on the next window. The picture below shows these options. To access current articles and news stories, you will want to select the option highlighted in the image below.
- Free online access to thousands of current full-text magazine, journal, and newspaper articles; up-to-date business information; biographical information.
Omaha Public Library Online Resources
Omaha Public Library makes its paid subscription premium websites available to us. You must be inside the library to access these sites.
Ancestry Library Edition. “Answers await everyone—whether professional or hobbyist, expert or novice, genealogist or historian—inside the more than 7,000 available databases. Here, you can unlock the story of you with sources like censuses, vital records, immigration records, family histories, military records, court and legal documents, directories, photos, maps, and more.”
Digital Sanborn Maps. “Detailed property and land-use records that depict the grid of everyday life in more than 12,000 U.S. towns and cities across a century of change.”
Learning Express Library . “LearningExpress Library helps libraries improve the lives of their patrons every day through a highly-acclaimed eLearning solution that provides support to students and professionals for academic skill-building, standardized test prep, career certification test prep and more.”
Mango Languages. “Mango prepares learners for realistic conversations and strengthens everyday communication skills in over 70 world languages, including English.”
Value Line. “Information and advice on stocks, industries, mutual funds, options, and convertibles.”
Friends of the Bennington Area Libraries
The Friends of the Bennington Area Libraries is a non-profit organization promoting the interest and welfare of Bennington Area Libraries.
Local Bennington Organizations
The City of Bennington, Nebraska
- The official website for the City of Bennington.
- News, resources and contact information for city services and organizations in the community.
Bennington Community Foundation
- Formed in 2005, a non-profit organization that represents the interest of the community and the donor, promoting community improvement projects.
Bennington Public Schools
- The official website for the school district of Bennington, NE.
- In addition to news and contact information, the Bennington Public Schools website offers many online resources to parents and students, from academics to emotional well-being.
Bennington Chamber of Commerce
Bennington Nebraska Chamber of Commerce exists to grow local business, educate leaders and promote the community we live in.
Welcome to Bennington
A helpful list of Bennington organizations, businesses, churches, parks, activities for kids, and more.
Bennington Historical Society
The Bennington Historical Society is a private non-profit organization founded in 2011. The purposes of the Society are: (1) to provide a forum for people interested in Bennington’s history to gather and exchange information; (2) to collect and preserve artifacts, objects, publications, photographs and other documentary materials related to local and family history; (3) to disseminate information about the history of the community through exhibits, educational programs and publications based on the Society’s collections; (4) to maintain a research library of past and current literature on the history of the community; and (5) to encourage the preservation of the archaeological, historical, and architectural heritage of Bennington and the surrounding community.
Bennington Athletic Booster Club
As the Athletic Booster Club for Bennington School District in Nebraska, we raise funds for the high school sports’ extracurricular activities.
Bennington Public Schools Foundation
Generates and distributes resources to the Bennington School District to enrich teaching, inspire learning, maximize opportunities and promote education.
Bennington Woman’s Club
Bennington Woman’s Club Mission: To inspire members to make a difference in the lives of our neighbors through generosity and volunteerism.
Bennington Lions Club
Mission Statement: To empower volunteers to serve their communities, meet humanitarian needs, encourage peace and promote international understanding.
Nebraska Junior Chapter – Helping Hands of the Community
100 Women Who Care – Bennington
Founded in 2019, “100 Women Who Care – Bennington” is working hard with the help of our members and volunteers to help charitable organizations in our area.
MomsNext Group – Bennington
Remarkable things happen when moms come together! We rally women to come together in Bennington and the surrounding area, to help each other through this thing called motherhood, one gathering at a time. Our MomsNext group is designed for moms with school-age children.
Bennington Campus Life
Campus Life is a place where 6th-8th grade students can be themselves, fit in & have fun! We have high energy weekly club meetings, crazy fun events, and trips!
Other Helpful Resources
Nebraska Early Development Network
The Nebraska Early Development Network provides early intervention services for families with children birth to age three with developmental delays and/or health care needs and connects families to needed services.
Nebraska Early Development Network – Statewide EDN Information
ESU #3 Early Development Network – Local EDN Information
Need to refer a child? Please use our electronic referral form found here!
Senior Housing Net
- Resources for Senior Care in Nebraska – dedicated to providing tools and essential resources to help enhance the lives of older adults of all walks of life
- Information for families and senior citizens who are looking for senior living and care options that can help maintain their independence and quality of life in Nebraska. This free resource provides comprehensive information on topics like financial support and care options that are available in Nebraska, and this website offers resources for every city and state across the country.
Paying for Senior Care
- Find affordable Assisted Living, search for other financial assistance, get care planning assistance, and browse more resources for paying for Senior Care.
- Search Assisted Living facilities in Omaha, Nebraska, and contact for pricing and availability.
- CollegeChoice has built online reference guides for students looking to pursue their dreams of higher education. They cover small, safe campuses and financial aid opportunities.
- America’s Safest Small Colleges – https://www.collegechoice.net/rankings/safest-small-colleges/
- Guide to the FAFSA – https://www.collegechoice.net/financial-aid/fafsa-application/
Jobs for Teens in Nebraska
- Jobs for Teens is a resource to help all teenagers find a job.
- Whether it is your first time in the workforce or you are looking for a secondary position, Jobs for Teens has the tools to help you find it.
- Resume examples from the most popular industries and a detailed guide that takes candidates through every step of the resume process.
- Get help building the perfect resume to land a great job.
Notable Children’s Digital Media
- A list of apps and websites that include real-time, dynamic, and interactive media content for children 14 years of age and younger.
- These digital resources enable and encourage active engagement and social interaction while informing, educating, and entertaining in exemplary ways.
Read Aloud Nebraska
- Promoting healthy, successful children and families through reading aloud.
- Fostering school and community efforts that develop lifelong readers.